4 Life Agreements (continued)

4. Don't make Assumptions:

This is the last of the four agreements and a very good lesson to live by.  Making assumptions gets us into so much trouble all the time.  People assume things all the time and end up in arguments and sometimes fatal situations.  The consequence of making an assumption is that we end up falsely taking actions that don't need to be made.  We assume people are angry with us so we stop talking to the person we think is angry at us.  We assume someone stopped loving us when in fact they are in their own pain about something and need us to reach out to them.  We assume tht our cancer is going to kill us and it does if we let it.  We should ask and not assume anything.  We should think instead of jumping to conclusions about things.  We must ask and not assume.  If we think someone is mad at us we can ask them gently instead of assuming they are angry and cutting off communication as we often do.  Assumptions are dangerous both emotionally and spiritually.  Our lives become a series of assumptions and a series of bad experiences because of our assumptions.  We cannot even assume that someone who loves us will take care of us and nurutre us.  It is their decision to make and not ours to control.  I for one found that out the hard way.  I assumed love was forever and it turned out it was not.  I assumed that someone I married would take care of me and nurture me and it he abandoned me.  I assumed that I would be healthy all my life and as it turns out I am in a health battle.  I assumed that I would always have someone to care about me and that did not happen either.  We cannot assume anything but rather ask, create and make certain of things we think are true.  In the end we must also assume that nothing is to be assumed.  That things happen organically and in it's time.  By assuming we set ourselves up for disappointments that need not happen if we simply live life fully and in a loving place.
The assumption I will make is only ONE.  God loves me and I assume he want me to live in my hightest vibration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Seasoned Vs Old Person

Visualize It, Manifest It.

Your Skirt Is Over Your Head